M A G N O L I A // LEMON PIE

Friday, June 2, 2017





 I think every woman on this planet wants to be like Joanna Gaines! I was reading her blog one night and I came across this recipe and I was so intrigued. I honestly have never had this before but I do love Lemons & a light and airy treat to satisfy my sweat tooth! I even had my babe help me. This is something I want to do more of, I loved seeing her face light up as she stirred the pie filling and when she helped me pour the mixture into the bowl. I love that she is so interested in cooking! I dream of the day I have a big farmhouse kitchen like Joanna! Overall this recipe was super easy! & we all know I'm not the best baker! 


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

Grahm Cracker Crust pre made
* I opted for this method to save time but you could totally make your own!*
3 cups "Eagle brand" sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
2/3 cups lemon juice
*I used 1/3 cup since my lemons were smaller I used about 3*
a dash of salt ( but I forgot to add it ) oops!


WHIPPED CREAM

1 small carton of heavy whipping cream

2 cups confectionate sugar

This was probably my favorite! I did tweak the recipe a little bit and instead of using regular sugar I used confectionate sugar to thicken up the heavy cream & make whipping by hand a lot easier! my arm was so sore by the time I was done with this & I might of told my husband I want a kitchen aide for christmas haha!



1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Chealsey Walton b l o g. Design by FCD.