old cook books

Wednesday, March 19, 2014





recently i dug out some of my grandpas old cook books and looked threw them, they smelled just like him/ his house. I love finding new recipes to try out and actually need to go threw them again and mark some pages. my grandpa was quite the chef, he lived a lone and cooked and prepared his own gourmet meals for himself. 

I can remember one year for my birthday he asked what he should make and i told him breakfast as it is my favorite meal, seriously i could eat it for dinner every night; french toast, bacon, milk,  & maple syrup, um yum. so that he did and i loved it! I am missing him more and more as the years pass by but am so grateful to have known him and to have some of his things that meant most to him. 

7 comments

  1. nice book!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian food is my FAVOURITE <33
    Love your blog!! I follow you ;) x

    http://trend-mae.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love finding old cookbooks and making a few recipes from there. back when there was no gluten free or sugar free emphasis... haha. these look great!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. especially when they are a loved ones!! it makes it ten times better! xox

      Delete
  4. Lovely books, it's sad our family don't experiment much with recipes :/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Chealsey Walton b l o g. Design by FCD.