the dress.

Monday, April 1, 2013

when ya know ya know. Its what they say. If you don't cry its not the one . at least that's what we see in the movies right? after tons of episodes of say yes to the dress, mom and I played dress up a few weeks after getting engaged we were so excited! It was like a dream, a blur almost, unreal.. I pondered about what kind of dress to get, there are so many designs, mermaid, ball gown, simple, elegant, vintage.. the list goes on. Originally I wanted a beach wedding, on the ocean with a simple white dress. Your mind is a funny thing It thinks it knows what it wants, Most the time its right & it changes a lot. Cause in the end it happened for a reason and how it should have. The dress is the most important part. but It took a while to find the dress, you see I must have tried on 14 before this one was magically in the mix of dresses it was calling my name, the top was a sparkly corset that came into a V and the bottom poofed out into a big ball gown.  

It was the last one of course and it was the only one in my size at an amazing price, wow way to make my decision easy right! I didn't know this was going to be the one, I slipped it on walked out and looked into the mirror and I felt tears, why was I crying? I looked so different I felt speechless, I looked up from the mirror and wiped my tears and couldn't stop smiling, I knew this was it, this was the dress. I was going to get married in this beautiful ballgown, my mind didn't want it any other way and neither did my heart.

these were taken 2 years ago flashback, & a memory of my feelings on this important day.

7 comments

  1. That dress is absolutely stunning and what a great story!

    ~Sam
    http://samanthaelizabeths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dress was the last one I tried on too!! You look beautiful :)

    Whitney

    www.missmamame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wedding dress shopping lately and it feels like I have tried on a ton of dresses. I was wondering if everyone had that moment. Great story.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Chealsey Walton b l o g. Design by FCD.